Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Cakery: Lubbock


The Cakery
This review is only based on the sweet treats they have available for the day. This cute little bakery in Lubbock, TX has cupcake, brownies, and cookies but their main attraction are their wedding and specialty cakes. Prices start at $35 (for an 8-inch square cake), but they have different prices and customizations. More information is available on their website.

I tried the Snickerdoodle ($2.00) and chocolate brownie they had available ($2.50). They packed my treats in a little box. The cupcake was nicely decorated, with a creamy white topping crusted with cinnamon sugar, and a little dollop of extra frosting. The icing was perfectly textured, but excessively sweet. However, the cupcake was lightly sweetened and complemented well with the icing. It was not difficult to devour this cupcake, because the texture was just so moist and I very much enjoyed the flavor of the cake. I did have to remove some of the frosting. I've tried other cupcakes before, and I think I just prefer a sweetness that is not too overpowering for the cupcake. Moving on, I starting with a few bites of the brownie.

The brownie had an interesting texture, slightly chewy, slightly tough. It wasn't as sweet, which I appreciated, but I didn't particularly find it amazing as it resembled a Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie which I love, but I expected something a little better from a bakery dedicated to cakes and desserts.

The staff was friendly, the location is accessible and the the interior is very chic. There are cute decor of a mix of elegance and contemporary design. I think it would be a great little cafe as well because of the treats and if they had coffee or other types of drinks.

They seemed very flexible and willing to try any combination in terms of baking cakes. If an occasion were to arise, I would probably opt in ordering a cake from here and possibly noting a slightly less sweet frosting.

I'd be curious to try their other flavors.

The Cakery
6301 82nd Street
Lubbock, TX
806-783-9091

No comments:

Post a Comment